Sunday, August 7, 2011

Summer Reading: Book 4... and a Kindle

Book #4: The Thorn Birds





     I was really excited to read this book because Kyle gave it to me for our first anniversary (paper anniversary). We were considering our weekend getaway in The Woodlands our anniversary gift, so I teared up a bit when Kyle surprised me with this book. Despite that I love to read, I was touched at the thought Kyle put in to picking out a book that I would like to read. It was such a sweet, simple gift, and I loved it.

     Well, I was in the middle of enjoying this book when Kyle comes home with another surprise. Just two days before we were to leave for our vacation, Kyle comes home with a box. Once again, I thought we were considering our trip my birthday present, so I was totally shocked when Kyle gave me a Kindle! I have been wanting a Kindle for a couple of months, but I thought I would wait until Christmas to ask for one. It was such a fun surpise!

     Now, back to me being in the middle of my other book... I really wanted to finish The Thorn Birds before we went on vacation so that I could use my Kindle on the plane. So, instead of packing, I spent most of my "packing day" reading the last 300 pages of my anniversary present. No worries! At midnight, The Thorn Birds was finished, our suitcases zipped and ready to go, and my new Kindle tucked away in my carry on.

     It really was a great book, and now, one of my favorites. Five out of five stars... go read it. :) Thanks Kyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment