Thursday, August 18, 2011

An Experiment

     This past Monday my alarm went off at 6:00 a.m., Bailey and I crawled out of bed, and I started getting ready for my first day back to work. Well, fast forward to 5:00 p.m. Kyle comes home. I am excited to tell him about my day, and of course, he willingly listens. I come to the end of my stories, and Kyle says, "you sure were loud this morning." I laugh and say, "oops, I'll try to be more quiet tomorrow."

     Come to find out, Kyle wasn't really all that concerned with the noise.

     "You don't have to take Bailey with you when you wake up," Kyle confesses.

     You see, when Kyle gets up for work in the morning while I am on summer vacation, Bailey doesn't budge. I get up for work after being off for 3 months, Bailey bounds out of bed.

     "Well, Kyle, I don't tell her to get up. She just comes with me," I say.

     Kyle doesn't fully believe that Bailey isn't coerced out of bed, so we decide to hold an unofficial experiment. As we all learned in middle/high school science, you must test something at least 3 times to get the most accurate result... or I think you are supposed to. Anyways, here is how our experiment played out....


Tuesday: My alarm goes off. I am a little slow to turn it off. I look at Bailey. I get out of bed. Bailey follows.

Wednesday: My alarm goes off. I turn it off quickly as not to disturb the test subject. Before I can put my feet on the floor, Bailey has already jumped off the bed and is looking up at me.

Thursday: My alarm goes off. I quickly turn it off, but I'm way too tired to get up right away. Bailey sits up and starts to paw at me until I get up.

     Well, there you have it folks. Bailey loves me more than she loves Kyle Bailey is choosing to wake up on her own.

No comments:

Post a Comment