Monday, February 11, 2013

Blogging

     I've been debating back and forth about deleting the blog. There are some things that I want to write about, but it seems too personal to share with the world. And, there are other topics that I think, "Who really wants to read this?" How many stories can I write about my dog?  Nevertheless, I'll keep it around for a little while longer.
     Since blogging last, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's, and almost Valentine's have come and gone.

Quick Recap:

  • Kyle and I hosted my family at our house for Thanksgiving. Josh and Meghan were going to their in-laws, and my mom's kitchen wasn't quite done from the flood. The meal was very scaled down compared to my mom's typical meal, but I was just impressed that I was able to cook some of her recipes. For the Schielack Thanksgiving, we went to Rockdale. The Aggies played Missouri the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so we did Thanksgiving at Granny's house the day after the game.
  • We went back to Rockdale for the Schielack Christmas. We were there a few days before Christmas, and we came back on Christmas Eve. Kyle and I went to the Christmas Eve service at our church, and it was the first Christmas Eve of my life to not sleep at my mom's house. Christmas morning with Kyle was my favorite memory from the holiday season. We woke up at our house. While I prepared the salad for my family's dinner later on in the day, Kyle drove over to Starbucks for holiday drinks and pastries. We proceeded to open gifts. There was something so comforting about spending the first part of Christmas morning together.We drove over to my mom and Gene's house around 10 a.m. and went through our normal Christmas traditions- stockings, gifts, breakfast. The only thing different was that Josh and Anna did a gender reveal for baby #2... another boy. He is due on Kyle's birthday.
  • New Year's is my least favorite holiday. So much hype and expectation. We went over to a friend's house party. Champagne and friends... New Year's in a nutshell.
  • And, while Valentine's is still 3 days away, Kyle and I have made reservations at a restaurant near our house. We have never done much on Valentine's. It always fell near our dating anniversary, so we would double up the anniversary/Valentine's celebration. Since Kyle's work schedule has been ridiculously busy, just dinner will suffice. We have both promised each other no gifts... aren't we romantic?

Random phone pics...

Bailey wrapped up like a burrito
Forcing Bailey to pose in front of the tree

Christmas lights on the house!

The cutest face ever

Sleepy dog

Kyle's obsession with Johnny Football youtube videos

Off to the Calf Scramble Badge Party

Okay... that's as good of an update as I've got! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment