Monday, February 13, 2012

Learning to Sew: Applique Onesies

     As lame as it may sound, one of the major reasons I wanted to learn to sew was because of all of the cute baby things I was seeing on Etsy. I bought my nephew and nieces a few gifts from Etsy, and I knew it couldn't be all that hard to learn. And, for the most part, it wasn't. I have only been sewing for about a month and half. The sewing class I took online has some decent tutorials, but most of my practical learning has actually come from YouTube and Pinterest.
     I was super excited when I summoned the courage (yes, courage) to applique my first onesie for my nephew, Miles. The Texas outline was pretty daunting because of all of the curves, but I prevailed! I am so happy that it came out exactly as I wanted!

     Well, I am not only blessed to have my cute, little Miles, but my other sister-in-law had a precious baby girl, Leighton, in December! I had so much fun sewing some girly onesies with some fun fabric I had bought on Etsy.

Front of "L" onesie
Back of "L" onesie

Front of "Heart" onesie

Back of "Heart" onesie
... I really should stop using my iPhone to take pictures...

    Major thanks to this tutorial at Sew Like My Mom

     I think my next sewing project will be to tackle a t-shirt quilt from all of my old high school church camp and cheerleading t-shirts! Thanks to You Tube, it doesn't look too hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment