Sunday, February 26, 2012

Lazy Weekend

     Our weekend started off with Kyle waking up to go to his first rodeo shift of the year. He worked all Friday and came home for about a hour to get cleaned up, and we both headed out to rodeo cook-off. While this is not my favorite thing to do, we did have a good time hanging out with Kyle's brother and sister in-law. We stayed out later than our typical 10:00 p.m., but we did find our way home earlier than most cook-off attendees because Kyle had to be back up at rodeo at 6:00 a.m. the next day.
      Now, this brings me to the lazy part. I woke up at about 5:30 a.m. Saturday morning thinking, "okay, what do I have to do today? ... oh yeah, I have NOTHING I have to do today!" So, back to sleep I went. I slept until 9:00 a.m.! After I confirmed that 9:00 a.m. was an acceptable time to get up, Bailey and I went into the kitchen, put on a pot of coffee, and made a bowl of Cheerios. To the couch we retired and there we remained. Our itinerary included catching up on the DVR and watching reruns of Dance Moms. I was pretty excited that I had nothing to do, and I was perfectly content staying on the couch with my sleepy bulldog.
     Kyle's Saturday shift ended at 5:00 p.m., and he was home by 5:06 p.m. He was pretty tired when he got home, but we decided to make a trip out to Cypress to visit his parents. We left the house in our sweat pants. Translation: Allie actually had to get out of her pajamas at 5:30 p.m., and put on something more appropriate... like sweatpants!!
     Kyle had yet another 6:00 a.m. shift this morning. I had pretty much convinced myself to keep my lazy streak going and didn't set my alarm to go to church. I knew I was going to feel super guilty about not going, but it is so hard to go to church without Kyle. Well, God's plans are always better than mine, and I was wide awake at 8:15 a.m.... which was the time I was to set my church alarm. I smiled when I saw the clock. Divine intervention. Sunday school and worship were great, and I didn't miss Kyle one bit.... well, maybe I did, but I'm glad I didn't let his absence stop me.
    Chicken is in the Crock Pot, laundry is in the wash, Restaurant Impossible marathon is on, and I am back in those aforementioned sweatpants.

No comments:

Post a Comment