Sunday, February 12, 2012

Date Night: BYOB and Asleep at 10

     Kyle and I veered away from our usual Friday night Mexican food date, and we decided Italian sounded just right. Kyle got home from work at 6:00, and we were out the door at 6:15. Yes, we are one of those couples that eats early. I predict us being the old-farts at Luby's eating dinner at 4:00... What can I say? I eat lunch in a teacher's lounge at 10:28 a.m., and I refuse to wait for a table. Moving on...
     We headed on over to Collina's being that it is BYOB. We made a pit stop at Kroger unashamedly picking out two of the cheapest bottles of cab that we could find. Upon arriving to Collina's, we luckily scored a cozy little table for two, uncorked our bottle of wine, and ordered a Cesar salad and seafood pizza. Dinner was so yummy and the conversation was flowing with the wine that we couldn't pass up the waiter's offer for cherry cobbler and ice cream.
     Kyle and I were having such a good time at dinner that we could have sworn we had been there all night. To our surprise, it was only 7:45 when we got home. Kyle took Bailey out while I plopped on the couch and turned on Four Weddings. TLC suckered us in to the t.v. for an hour before Kyle and I decided that we better get our 20-something butts up and do something that didn't cause us to fall asleep so early on a Friday night.
     Off to the hot tub we went. We once again were having fun chatting and scheming that we thought we had been out there forever. What?! It's only 9:30? Oh, who cares... good night.
      

No comments:

Post a Comment