Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Carry-on Bag

When we were little kids, every summer we would take a road trip to Salado, Texas. There were two things we looked forward to the most about our annual trip- the car ride and swimming pool. Our road trips were when kids didn't wear seat belts and televisions in the car didn't exist. In order to have a perfectly fun car ride, we would pack our ballet bags full of necessary junk. Barbies, notepads, books, games, crayons, you name it. This was the one bag our mom would allow us to pack on our own, and we didn't hold back. The five of us kids would sprawl out on the pallet of sleeping bags in the back of the Suburban, and with every precious toy nearby, we would dream of jumping in to that big, hotel pool.

Tomorrow, Kyle and I leave for our New York/Boston trip. I have all of the high priority items checked off the list. We have everything booked, our bags mostly packed, and Bailey's food bagged up for my mom's. Yet, twenty years later, I find myself still obsessed with my carry-on bag. I had to make sure all of the essentials made their way in to the carry-on because what would this almost twenty-six year old do without her odd assortment of stuff.

The carry on bag breakdown:

The carry on bag
My purse that goes inside the carry on bag
A scarf in case I get cold on the plane
Another small bag filled with post-its, Life Savers, crackers, head phones, Sudoku, and a pencil
My slippers
Sunglasses
Season 3 of Sopranos to watch on the laptop
My book
Most importantly, the folder with confirmations, tickets, etc.
I think I'm all set!

No comments:

Post a Comment