Saturday, July 14, 2012

2nd Wedding Anniversary

I can't believe Kyle and I are already celebrating our 2nd wedding anniversary- it feels like the wedding was just yesterday! Kyle and I have vowed (no pun intended) to always do something special for our anniversary no matter the circumstances, so I had been planning our anniversary for quite sometime. At one point, I had a weekend booked in Fredericksburg, considered going to Galveston, and ultimately chose something more low key due to the 4th of July lake trip and our New York/Boston trip being so close to our anniversary.

Our anniversary fell on a Tuesday, so Kyle was at work most of the day. While he was off at work, Jill, my mom, and I went out for lunch and shopping for my nephew's 1st birthday. It was such a fun, relaxing day, and a wonderful way to spend part of my anniversary. My mom played a HUGE role in our wedding day, so it was special to celebrate with her too!

After shopping, I went home to spruce up for the evening. Kyle and I had early dinner reservations downtown because we were going to see The Lion King at Hobby Center! I knew Kyle would love it, and it was something memorable for us to do on our 2nd anniversary!

How was the 2nd year of marriage different from the 1st? The 2nd was better! We are the epitome of a cliche, but I love him more and more each day. I love that we sit for hours and talk, we can make each other laugh, we are growing in our faith together, we listen to each other (even if that does mean having to raise our voice a little), we support each others goals, and the list goes on. Now, don't worry... he has several qualities and habits that drive me nuts, so please don't roll your eyes as you read this or delete me from Facebook. :)
Astros game the Sunday before our Anniversary

Funny story... We wrote those cards to each other because we were forced to. :) We wrote them in pre-marital counseling a few months before we got married. We thought we were supposed to open them on our first anniversary, but we forgot about them last year. I found them a few months ago, and we decided to wait until this anniversary to open them. Well, the first sentence I read, " blah blah blah 5th anniversary..." Oops!! We immediately shut them, and now the letters are tucked away until our FIFTH anniversary. My bad.

At dinner
At the Lion King

 


2nd Anniversary is the cotton anniversary... Kyle bought me a monogrammed apron.

Flashback...










No comments:

Post a Comment