Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Training for a Triathlon

No, I am not training for a triathlon, but Kyle is in full fledged training mode. I'm not really sure when this whim hit him, but let me tell you, it came full force. This doesn't really surprise me about Kyle. (Maybe he is channeling his previous life as a race walker). He is very passionate towards anything he does, yet I wasn't the most encouraging of his new undertaking.


Scene: Kyle is researching information about triathlons on the computer. Allie sits nearby playing on her phone. Bailey snores in the background.

Kyle: Hey Al, I think I am going to do this sprint triathlon in August.

Allie: Oh, really? That sounds fun.

Kyle: Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.

Allie: Yeah, uh huh.

Bailey: zzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZ!

Kyle: And then, blah, blah, blah....

Allie: Yep, sounds neat.

Kyle starts the whole swimming and running thing, but he doesn't have a bike. In my mind the triathlon thing is about to fizzle out. Well, Kyle comes home last Friday, and he seems a little more eager to go to dinner. Being that I eat lunch at 10:30, I'm always ready to eat. Typically I have to force Kyle out the door for an early dinner, but this particular night he was ready to go!

Allie: Where do you want to eat?

Kyle: I don't care.

Allie: Let's just go eat at Ruggles and then we can go buy that suitcase that I wanted.

Kyle: Great! Then, we can go buy my bike!

Allie: Seriously?

At this point, whatever. I get it. He wants to try this. No big deal. Let's go get this bike.

Scene: Allie and Kyle go pick out a road bike that in no way fits in to the budget. Allie is fairly supportive, and Kyle is ecstatic! The two return home... Kyle riding a bike through the front door and Allie rolling a suitcase behind him. All seems well until...

Kyle: Al, come check it out!

Allie: Oh no!!! That is not staying in the bedroom!!

Kyle: Where else am I going to keep it?

Allie: This is so stupid!! Why did you buy this bike?

Kyle: What are you talking about?

Allie: We have no where to keep a bike in this apartment!

Kyle: Why are you saying this now?

Allie: I didn't realize that we were going to have to keep this in our bedroom!!

Oh the joys of living in an apartment... mixed with an exhausted, crazy wife. No need to fear. We fixed the problem. Kyle called the apartment office and told them we would need a storage unit. This was to be a great solution to the bike in the bedroom situation.

Well, let's just say it's not as much of a storage unit as it is a mere sliver of a closet.

Smallest storage unit I've ever seen! But, a happy wife is a happy life. :)


Nevertheless, Kyle has enjoyed his rides to Brays Bayou, and while he's off riding, I enjoy dreaming of my looming summer vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment