Sunday, December 11, 2011

Allie and Kyle Christmas Favorites

     This Christmas season has been a busy one for the Schielacks. Thus far we have been to at least 5 work parties between Kyle's work and mine, 2 Christmas shows, a polka, and I predict a couple church services between Kyle's parents and mine. (Throw in my step dad's 60th birthday party and the birth of our precious new niece, Leighton... who both coincidentally now share the same birthday).  I love the busyness of the season. I love the cold weather. I love being around family. I love having 2 weeks off of work. I love the Reason for the season. It all makes me happy.

     Kyle has been particularly cute. He has a particular fondness for plugging in the Christmas tree and bringing home baked goods. He is also adamant about watching as many Christmas movies as possible. I'm not complaining. When we have the luxury to sit down and watch a movie, I'll take it. Just plug in the tree and give me a cookie while we're at it.

     Kyle and I have tried to take full advantage of the holiday season, so I thought it would be fun to ask Kyle some of his personal favorite Christmas things. Side Note: Kyle didn't know I was blogging his answers... oops. :)


Kyle's Christmas Favorites:
Favorite Christmas Song: "Counting the Days" ... from Sesame Street and "Here Comes Santa Claus"

Favorite Christian Christmas Song: "Joy To the World"

Favorite Childhood Christmas Movie: How the Grinch Stole Christmas... the cartoon version

Favorite Christmas Movie: Christmas Vacation


Favorite Childhood Gift: I remember the happiest gift I ever got- a train set. 

Weirdest Gift You Ever Asked For: Underwear?

Favorite Childhood Christmas Memory: Decorating the tree with Lance

Favorite Christmas Tradition: watching Christmas Vacation on Christmas Eve

Favorite "Christmassy Thing": parties

Favorite "Allie and Kyle" Christmas Tradition: "Well, Al you don't really let me partake in much, but cooking food. Also, listening to Christmas music. Doin' whatever we're doin' with Christmas music."

Favorite "Allie and Kyle" Christmas Memory: "Well, it's lame, but finally watching Scrooged together. I had to give you a massage the whole time to keep you awake. I've been tryin' to get you to watch it forever."

Favorite part about the Christmas Story: "Joseph because he was going to be the human father of Jesus. And, he had to trust Mary through all of it." 

As a child, what did you leave out for Santa Claus: "chocolate chip cookies and milk... one year we left eggnog and Santa only took 1 sip"




And while we're at it... my Christmas Favorites:

Favorite Christmas Song: All songs from the Amy Grant Christmas CD and a little Brenda Lee

Favorite Christian Christmas Song: "Away in a Manger"

Favorite Childhood Christmas Movie: The Santa Clause or Home Alone

Favorite Christmas Movie: Elf and Four Christmases


Favorite Childhood Gift: Anything Barbie or for my American Girl Doll

Weirdest Gift You Ever Asked For: in the 3rd grade, I asked for a trashcan, scale, and crutches

Favorite Childhood Christmas Memory: Cliche, but Christmas morning. I loved Santa Claus, and it was always so coincidental that he left the appropriate amount of batteries on the kitchen table for everyone's toys.

Favorite Christmas Tradition: Being with my family on Christmas morning. We sit around and chat. Open stockings, and then we go by the Christmas tree to open gifts....Everyone always sits in the same spot as they did the year before to open presents. Afterwards, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, and bacon. 

Favorite "Christmassy Thing": Christmas decorations

Favorite "Allie and Kyle" Christmas Tradition: This is only our second Christmas as "The Schielacks" so not much has evolved. However, I love when Kyle is off work because we get to spend some stress free time together. Pancakes, Starbucks, sweat pants, movies... you know, all my favorite things with my favorite person.

Favorite "Allie and Kyle" Christmas Memory: The first Christmas we had together was in 2007. We had almost been dating a year. I was home for the holidays, but Kyle was staying in College Station. He asked if I could come up because he had something planned for us. I met him at his house and exchanged gifts. He thoughtfully gave me very nice pearl earrings and necklace. I on the other hand gave him a Temper-Pedic pillow. Both good purchases as we still use those gifts, but Kyle gets major credit for his gift to me. After that, Kyle took me to U-paint-it. We picked out a picture frame and painted it in Christmas colors. Later that night he took me to Maddens for dinner, a walk around Downtown Bryan, and then to a park to look at Christmas lights. For a college guy, this was very romantic.

Favorite Part about the Christmas Story: The wise men. Isn't it amazing that a baby could capture the attention of WISE MEN. It's because He was Jesus. 

As a child, what did you leave out for Santa: cookies, milk, celery, and carrots. My sisters and I once left cookies that we had made  in our Easy Bake Oven. Gross! (but, at the time, so delicious)!






While this is all good and fun, remember the true importance of Christmas. If there was not Christmas, there would be no Easter.

Thank you Lord for both.





No comments:

Post a Comment