Friday, February 4, 2011

Allie and Kyle Firsts: SNOW DAY!

Well, actually it wasn't. All week long the weathermen warned us all of the snowy weather that was inevitably coming our way. Well, after a sleepless night of wondering if it had snowed yet, all I woke up too was a very heated apartment and little ice. I am by no means complaining because neither Kyle or I had to go to work today, but I think Houston got jipped.

Snow would have been a lot more fun than a bit of ice, but ice reminds of a special night four years ago. On a literally freezing night in January 2007, my college roommate Marisa and I invited some friends over for dinner and games. This particular night stands out not only because classes at A&M were cancelled for the next few days because of the ice storm, but also, this was the night Kyle and I hung out for the first time. And, as cheesy as this sounds, it was pretty much love at first sight. We literally spent hours dancing in the apartment living room, and from that night on we were always together (well, it took a few days of Kyle randomly appearing at my apartment the next week before I realized that he was serious about me...).

It was on February 4, 2007 (exactly 4 years ago), that we officially started dating, and I think things turned out pretty well...


Ice Storm Night-our first picture together


...4 years later

No comments:

Post a Comment