Tuesday, November 2, 2010

After the Wedding

One of my favorite memories from the day of our wedding was the time Kyle and I were finally alone. We had spent a lot of time together at the wedding, but we hadn't had a chance to talk. After we left the reception, we did a photo shoot with the photographers, so we did not get back to the hotel until midnight. I remember feeling excited, happy, sad, overwhelmed... I couldn't believe the wedding had just happened and that it had been so perfect.

When we got to the hotel in The Woodlands, there was champagne and dessert waiting. I thought we were going to be too tired to eat, but we were starving because we hadn't eaten anything all night. Kyle and I just laughed and took pictures the whole time we munched. We were just so happy.

As happy as we were, I thought we were going to be too excited to sleep, but we were exhausted. The pictures from that brief time are such a special memory.

Well, we got a total of 3 hours of sleep because we had to leave for the airport super early. So, we crawled out of bed and got ready to head to the airport (with wedding make-up and jewelry still intact). We dropped off my wedding dress and Kyle's suit at the hotel desk for my parents to pick up later. It was still all so surreal. The things that we had spent over a year planning had come to an end. And, I couldn't have imagined it any better.

Dessert time.


Awesome room at Avia in The Woodlands.


Our tiny champagne.


Sweet boy.



Tired feet!


Happy together.

No comments:

Post a Comment