Thursday, August 9, 2012

Kyle and the House

     With the majority of everything we own in boxes and the monumental move on the horizon, I have become surprisingly nostalgic and emotional. I'm not sure if it is the move mixed with school starting plus the gloriously, sappy Olympic moments, but tears have come to my eyes more than once the past few days.

     Today, Kyle accidentally left his wallet at home, so I met him for lunch to bring it to him. We sit down to eat our sandwich and start talking about business Kyle is working on, the house closing, and what I was going to do the rest of the day. I begin to cry. This catches both of us off guard because I have no idea what's wrong with me. 

     Tonight after dinner I suggest that we make a drink and toast to the house. We both go back and forth about different things, moments, memories and I begin to cry. "Well, that was a cool moment until you started crying," said Kyle.... gotta love him.

     I admit that my random cries have been a little silly. I think it all comes from how seriously Kyle and I have taken buying the house, and that leads my overly emotional self down memory lane. When Kyle and I started dating, I was 20 and he was 21. We were juniors in college. We really didn't even know each other, but it was the whole "love at first sight" bit. From the moment we hung out for the first time, we both knew we wanted to be together. It didn't matter that we didn't know each other- we never even questioned it.  Today, as I was thinking about this, I thought how crazy it all started. During the first week of dating, we talked about getting married. It didn't even seem weird at the time. Kyle gave me an overwhelming sense of calm, and from day one, I felt like he would love and take care of me. Without me even knowing his favorite color, I knew we would be together forever.  

     And, I think that is the source of my tears. From the day we found the house online, Kyle has been in control. He never once asked me to worry about a thing, and he has taken all of the stress upon himself. The feeling of being taken care hasn't faded, and I love the peace that Kyle brings to my life. He is my perfect compliment. Even though I still couldn't tell you his favorite color, I can say that tomorrow, when we close on our first house, we are accomplishing something that we have talked about for six years... when we were just 2 college kids that had faith that this relationship would work.

One of our first pics together
College memories


Graduation


I  listened to this song over and over when we first started dating, and we had it sung at our wedding. 


No comments:

Post a Comment