Sunday, September 25, 2011

Pinterest Projects

While the past few weeks at work have been great, they have definitely made me tired. My main goal this weekend was to catch up on sleep and do something fun. In case you were worried, I did both of those things.

Knowing that I had opted out of the Aggie game this weekend, Kyle decided to spend the night with his brother on Friday so that they could get to College Station early on Saturday. So, while Kyle was with Lance, Jill came to spend the night with me. What Jill and I thought was going to be a "Bridesmaids" DVD watching party, it turned out to be something much more elaborate.

Our "sister weekend" started with dinner and cocktails at the Black Walnut. We chatted about random sister stuff, and we started concocting some crafty ideas. We searched through some of our Pinterest pins, and we came up with some of our favorites (and easiest to do). 

Game Plan:
-fall wreath
-tie dyed shirts
-DIY necklace
-DIY earrings



Pinterest Inspiration #1:




Our version:

Newspaper, paint, felt, ribbon, wreath=$12 :)

Pinterest Inspiration #2:



Our Version:

We couldn't resist.

Pinterest Inspiration #3:


Our Version:

All made from stuff at Hobby Lobby

Pinterest Inspiration #4:


Our Version:

Also Hobby Lobby stuff


Although the taste level of some of our projects might be in question, we had a lot of fun planning, shopping, playing, and chatting. Not to mention, "Bridesmaids" and "Toddlers and Tiaras" served as our background noise and Le Peep and Papa John's provided the sustenance.



Other tested and approved Pinterest projects:

Kitchen Drawer organizer- Worked great for me b/c our apartment only has 3 kitchen drawers, so this is saving me space.

The highlight of test day in my classroom. See below for my version.


It's amazing how exited they get when I "sprinkle" this over their heads before a test. Gotta love sixth graders. 

Cilantro lime vinaigrette. Yum!

Clean the dust mites from your mattress. 

Carpet cleaning recipe. Worked for me!


Thank you Pinterest.

No comments:

Post a Comment