Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Christmas Countdown

I love the week before Christmas! I have no problem getting caught up in the anticipation of Christmas day despite my age, and I always have a list of "Christmas Must-dos" before the 25th comes around.

Must Dos ...
  • Starbucks holiday drinks... purchased with all of my giftcards from my students :)
  • A trip or 2 to the Galleria... this is easier to come by this year, since I could hit the Galleria with a rock from where we live
  • Lunch with sisters and mom... this is acutally on the list year around
  • Church services... nothing is more "Christmasy" or gives more perspective to Christmas
  • Watch a Christmas movie while wrapping presents
  • Go to the acutal movie theater... not always my favorite thing to do
  • And just do whatever I want, whenever I want 
With great enjoyment, I accomplished most of my list this weekend. Kyle and I woke up relatively early on Saturday morning. I drug him to Starbucks, Bed Bath and Beyond, JCPenney, and Target. On our little Christmas adventure I said, "isn't this so much fun... our first time to Christmas shop together." His reply, "really? Are we almost done?" I forgive him. I guess it really isn't that much fun for a guy to pick out a silk nightgown for his grandmother.

No comments:

Post a Comment