Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Allie and Kyle Firsts: Boy Meets Girl

     I don't deny that it was love at first sight, but I wouldn't necessarily say I saw my future spouse the moment I laid eyes on Kyle Schielack. It was a fall, Thursday night in college, and Ol' Ags (Kyle's not-a-frat men's group) was having a crush party. Kyle invited my roommate Marisa while I was invited by another Ol' Ags friend. I typically denied any such invitation and usually cringed at the idea of going out on a school night (I know, what kind of college kid was I)? However, spontaneity ensued, and the next thing I know, I'm dressed like an indian and headed out to the "Boston Tea Party."
 
     I had no real agenda in going, and for the most part, it was a fairly uneventful night. Marisa did insist that I meet her friend Kyle, though, and this is how it went down.

SCENE: A male dressed in khaki linen pants and a deep, v-neck, white linen shirt dances in the middle of four college girls. The girls are wearing feather head dresses and other native american garb.

Marisa: Kyle, this is my roommate, Allie.
Kyle: continues to dance Hi Allie. Nice to meet you.
Allie: Hi. (In my head... He's a little ridiculous- clothing and dance moves)

     Lets say that meeting Kyle didn't really change my world... yet. The real highlight of the night was when the dj finally played "My Humps," and Marisa and I were able to show everyone what we were made of... dance moves more ridiculous than Kyle's.

     Okay, fast forward a few days. Marisa comes home from class- the one she has with Kyle.

"Kyle said you were hot."

     Now the boy that didn't impress me suddenly had my attention.

     Weeks pass. Kyle's not on my mind in any capacity. I don't even know him for goodness sake. But then, one random night, I spy him studying at West Campus Library. 

My thoughts: Oh gosh! There's Kyle! If he thinks I'm hot then he can't see me like this. On man! Why'd I wear these stupid cheer shorts! And my hair-the frizz! No make-up! Get out of here quick!

     The next time I would see him... well, the rest would be history.

     Stay tuned.


Kyle and Marisa... maybe it wasn't such a deep v-neck

Me and Marisa before Boston Tea Party


No comments:

Post a Comment