Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Reading: Book 2

I FINALLY finished my second book of the summer. I usually knock out a book in a week or two, but this one took me a while.

Book #2: One Day

Jill and I were browsing at Border's, and she picked up this book...
She told me that this might be something I was interested in, so she handed the book over and I read the back of it. I liked what I read and flipped over to assess the cover (yes, I do judge a book by it's cover). What would you know? It's going to be a movie, too! However, I hate buying books that look like the movie, so I bought this book...
It is based upon two people that meet on July 15, 1988. Each chapter of the book takes place on July 15th, and by the end of the book, it is 2007. I give it 4 stars (based on a Netflix scale :).

I'm not sure how the movie will play out. The book mostly takes place in the UK, so Anne Hathaway (who plays one of the main characters) is going to have an English accent. Her voice can get kind of annoying. To be decided ...

P.S. We're celebrating our one year anniversary this weekend... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment