Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Reading: Book 1

In my mind, summer is synonymous with reading. I usually have no requirements as to what I read. Mostly, I read books that have been recommended to me or books that are about to be a movie. I would like to read more traditional lit, but most of my books are easy reads and might not classify as good literature. Nonetheless...

Book #1: The Help

This was suggested by several people, but I give Kyle most of the credit. When I started reading it, I had no idea that is was going to be a movie. When I was reading it, I thought that it was perfectly written to be turned in to a movie. I also thought that Skeeter should be played by Emma Stone. Well, what do ya know? It is coming to theaters in August, and Skeeter will be played by Emma Stone. (I LOVE Emma Stone)! I loved this book. It is written from the perspective of 3 different women during the civil rights era. You will love/hate all of the characters, and the plot is different than anything I have read/seen. Go read it! :)

I should be done with my next book in a few days. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment