Thursday, March 31, 2011

Routine Shake-Up

     Like many people, I love having a routine. I like having a schedule and knowing exactly what I am doing and what to expect. (Good thing I'm a teacher... talk about groundhog's day). Thankfully, our lives are right back on schedule, and we know this because we are all caught up on our DVR. ;)

     Shake-up #1-Rodeo.This was Kyle's second year to volunteer for the Houston Rodeo, and in true Kyle form, he worked, in my opinion, more than enough hours. This was truly the start of our abnormal routine. Volunteer hours for Kyle's committee were around 5 p.m.-2:00 a.m. This translates to a very tired Kyle, a restless Allie, and cereal for dinner. The positives: Kyle loves volunteering for the rodeo, and I have a new found love for chocolate Cheerios.

    Shake-up #2- Spring Break. I know, poor me. However, it wasn't Spring Break that was tough, obviously, but my poor Bailey was/is sick. She kept siking me out, so I didn't take her to the vet until the end of the week. One day she was sick, the next day she would improve, and by Friday I wasn't buying it.  She ended up with 4 prescriptions, the occasional dose of Benadryl, and lots of medicated baths. She instantly began to feel better. Luck would have it, that only lasted a week. I foresee another visit to the vet.

     Shake-up #3- Daylight Savings. The time change happened at the beginning of Spring Break, but I didn't feel the effects of it until we went back to school. The alarm clock was not our friend, and bed time came a whole hour earlier last week.

   Now, we're feeling back in the groove. The apartment is cleaned, dinners have been cooked, and exercise is happening (or attempts at exercise). Best of all, we do not foresee anymore shake-ups. Next up-Meghan's bridal showers galore!
   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment